Sunday, June 22, 2008

37 Weeks

Holy crap, I cannot believe that my due date is only three weeks away!! I started my weekly appointments last week and had my first internal. It wasn't nearly as bad as I thought it would be. Uncomfortable, yes, but the dr was mercifully quick about it. My cervix is still shut tight like Fort Knox but the baby is head down (good boy!) and nice and low. She is going to do another growth ultrasound this week to see how big Brendan is getting. I LOVE that my dr does so many ultrasounds. This will be my seventh (the first few were because of the blood clot). I'm excited to see him again.

He must be so squished in there, poor guy. He doesn't kick anymore, just squirms around and jabs me with something bony - I'm guessing his little foot. The other night I was sitting up in bed and rested a bottle of Maalox on my belly. He didn't like that one bit so he just kept pushing up against it until he knocked it off. Of course, being the pain in the ass that I am, I kept doing it. Kenny pointed out that the baby is keeping tabs and will most likely get me back after he's born. Not mommy's little angel! ;)

Our to do list is getting shorter but I'm still feeling overwhelmed with everything we need to get done before Brendan gets here. And I keep reminding Kenny that the baby isn't going to wait until we're ready, he can come anytime within the next four weeks. To which Kenny usually replies with something to the effect of, let's hit rewind on this project, we need more time. LOL. Yeah, not going to happen.

I'll try and get a belly pic up this week. It's really quite enormous. A lot of people comment that I'm carrying small which seems crazy to me. I was sitting on the bed putting makeup on yesterday and noticed that my stomach makes a nice shelf for my boobs to rest on. I am a sexy, sexy lady. Don't be jealous.

37 Weeks

No comments: